rads hot upstairs colder downstairs, and kettling boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
changed the ch pump about 18 months ago, seem to have to change them every 3 years or so-so it sounds like a possible pump fault, but my boiler is cutting out virtually as soon as it cuts in and kettling.
Before changing the pump again, i have tried the sentinel boiler silencer several weeks ago and this did not seem to do much, might need a more heavy duty de scaler, got given some aqueous logic descaler-any one used it at all?

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
you can get magnetic descalers what u attach to pipes to stop problem from starting but u still have to deal with the current build up as well

I would think your system needs a good clean out. Sounds like a circulation problem, this causes kettling, and sludge in the system will assist in early pump failure too.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that, I did flush the system out about 18 months ago and about 10 months ago, worked better for a short while. Might try the aqueous logic stuff and fit a new pump-see if that works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back