Nissan Micra Airbag warning light...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...this has suddenly come on. Never seen it come on before in any vehicle Ive owned. However, I did have the glove box full of Cd's and 'stuff' and it jammed and would not close as I tried to shut it quite hard with a bit of a slam. Doh.
Could this have 'upset' something in passenger airbag area?
If so, is there an easy way to find out without an hours labour charge at the garage?
Thanks all.
Stephen

Sponsored Links
Has anybody had any experience with their air bag warning lights?
Any advise welcome.
Thanks. Stephen

The only problem I've had has been generally with French cars, where the drivers seat is constantly being adjusted. This causes the block connector under the seat to part, or the wires to fracture. This disables the belt pre tensioners, on the same circuit as the airbag light.
Carefully does it if you are investigating these things....a Mondeo bag popped on me years ago - nearly broke my jaw :eek:
John :)

on a lot of cars there is a clock spring,sometimes this fails and needs renewing.and no doubt the fault codes that have been logged in the ecu will need resetting.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you both. I would not attempt anything complex or intricate that may risk injury or risk upsetting the safety feature itself! I just wondered if I had inadvertently pushed up into the bag when closing the overfull glove box. And if there was a way to 'undo' what I had done apart from emptying the box!
It may be unlinked and simply to do with this 'clock' you mention though?

Back