Sunvic Select CH Timer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post and hoping you can help.

We have a Sunvic Select CH timer and a separate Sunvic Thermostat. Recently the timer has started clicking, sounds like a relay, when either the hot water or heating is on.

It still works but the clicking is constant. At first it only ocurred when both hot water and heating were on but now it happens if either are on, click, click, click.

Clearly the timer is knackered but how easy is it to replace and do I need to replace as a set i.e. both timer and thermostat?

I can't see how the timer is attached to the wall, presumably the front case clips off to reveal the screws but I can't seem to seperate the parts without forcing them and risking breakage! The thermostat cover comes off so I'm assuming its the same with the timer. Not a biggies as if I am replacing I will get it off one way or another!

And finally, any advice on a good replacement?

Sponsored Links
The timer can be replaced on it's own without the thermostat having to be replaced is a complatible timer is bought, although, Sunvic still manufacture a "select" but have two variations, so best check first

Thanks. I found the installation manual for it, it's a Select 207 and now know how to remove it at least!

I see there is a 207XL still available so presume this would be a straight swap but I'm wary of buying it of the clicking is a symptom of an issue elsewhere?

Does anyone know if this clicking is a sign of a fault in the timer itself?

Just to update the thread, I bought a 207XL and replaced the faulty 207.

Problem solved and all is working perfectly now. Given the weather that is a welcome relief!

So happy with the result that I've ordered a wireless room thermostat now!

Sponsored Links
Good to hear you're warm again, our boiler froze today so been working on that today :eek: the weather is affecting everything, 4 people in our street including us have all had frozen condensate pipes even though there lagged :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back