Powers gone to the shower and I can't find it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an avira go power shower and while in it the other day, it cut out. The fuse has not tripped, the cable is all still intact, there is no water in the shower and there is obviously still power in the house!
I fitted the shower myself (it was checked over my an electritian) and I have looked at the fuseboard and everything is still dene up tight etc etc. I have opened the isolator and that seems all wired and fine.

I can normally sort out most of my DIY problems but I am at a total loss here.

Any help would be most appreciaited.

Sponsored Links
hmmm, one option I have not checked.....

Need to take out a "siliconed in" mirror to check that! (although unlikely!!!)

Sponsored Links
It should be easy enough to narrow down the problem, by using a multimeter you should fairly easily be able to check if power is getting to the isolator switch, and then the shower. If it's getting to the shower, then either some component in the shower itself has died, or there's some problem with the plumbing supply and no water is getting through (bit of dirt in the pipe or something for example).

And easy enough to check the water - just start to loosen the connection between shower and pipe - you'll soon know :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back