Hotpoint wf540 washing machine flashing lights / fault

Remove the lid unplug the blue wires to the top pcb for 2 mins them turn mc on to clear error .then off again connect up and try if no joy pcb faulty

Sponsored Links
Well here I am again!
I thought I would try the washing machine out this morning before I went to work as I was feeling lucky AND IT WORKED! but only for five minutes and it turned itself completely off. I tried to start it up and surprise surprise communication error again, So tonight Rocks I done what you said it worked for about two seconds and turned itself off again after turning it on I just get the communication error lights flashing I think a large hammer and a skip is in order!

Well here I am again! with a pile of clothes ready for washing!
I have received the PCB board back from the suppliers it was faulty BUT I have just refitted it the same thing happens as my original board the machine starts up fills with water the drum agitates violently and then it all stops bringing up light three indicating Motor jammed tacho (check tacho and tacho magnet) the drum moves freely when turning
I just dont know what to do please help!

check the 2 red wires on the back of the motor they are the taco wires it goes to a small disc on the rear or the motor, if they are ok they have written the eprom on the board to a differant model hence the very fast wash .

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks
You surely know your stuff!
If the red wires on the back of the motor / tacho are ok can the eprom be reset? because I have had the motor off I know you cant see inside the wire casing but they look ok, is there any way of testing the tacho / wiring? I have checked most of the wiring on the machine using a meter but the tacho is a sealed unit.

the taco wires should be intact you cannot see past the rear of taco as its sealed they are ok as the wires are not broken. the eprom needs to be written by the company that gave you the pcb there are 3 types of eprom that controls the board .ring them and tell them your not happy with the pcb .

Thanks Rocks!!! you are a STAR!!!
I will be on the phone first thing in the morning.

Hi Rocks
I have just made a small discovery!
On the front of my machine the model number is WF540 (That is what I have been going by) on the back of my machine is a small barcode sticker with the model number WF541P could it be that this is where the problem with the Eprom programme error is? I have asked for a pcb board programmed for 540 when in fact it is a 541?

thats your prob diff model numbers .when you send pcb off they should send same one back with with the correct epprom in it. on the website it says mark 4 pcb /mark 8 pcb same pcb differant set up .yours has to be set up for your mc none of these pcbs are interchangable some have 1200 spin some 1400 causes no end of prob s for me .make sure the commercal code, 5 numbers are quoted to them that code on the door /barcode is yours .bit like a vin plate on a car .

:oops:
I feel a bit embarrassed now!
BUT to excuse myself the model number on the front of my washing machine does say it is a WF540, the barcode on the rear says the machine is actually a WF541P! thats where the problem is the model numbers do not match! I asked the company for a PCB for model WF540 and thats what they have sent me a PCB with eprom programmed for a WF540 this obviously will not work in a WF541P model washing machine.
How am I gonna explain that!

oh dear :idea: tell them they sent the wrong pcb to you.give them the serial number and com code at the back .just bull@@ it if you can see what happens good luck. ;)

hi perhaps u can help me ive had to sort my filter out tonite done that now all i get is 1 light showing door locks but wont kick in ???

What light is on ,have you checked motor brushes ,what was wrong before you cleaned the filter.

Help

I have a wf540 hotpoint washing machine it has the top four lights flashing on the vertical set and the end light on the horizontal set. it will not allow me to use it I have tried cleaning out the small filter trapon the front and turned it off reconnected everything and still no luck?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back