How do I set the boiler temperature on Valliant Turbomax...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hoping someone can help me :D

I'm quite sure its a turbomax. The temp is between 31 and 41.
Nothing seems to happen when I press the '+' button on the front of the boiler.

I have pressed the '+' and '-' buttons at the same time, and this does get the temperature up, but I don't know what I should press to keep it at the desired heat ie '67'. To stop the temp going too high I press the two buttons together again, but this just makes the display stop flashing and goes back down.

Any suggestions?

I'll try and post up a picture of the boiler settings so you can see, just waitng for my daughter to come in so I can bluetooth them to her, and in turn put them oibn a memory card onto this message!

Thanks in advance
:D

ps I did a search but couldnt find this question, apologies if it is on here!

Sponsored Links
The temp shown is the hot water which will increase as water flows through the boiler. Turn a hot tap on half way and watch the temp go up.

If you want the water a bit hotter turn the green dial a bit more clock wise. :D

Sponsored Links
Wot are you trying to achieve :idea:

:D I'm trying to get some heat to the rads, they are all on, but not hot enough
I thought the obv thing would be to press the '+' button to increase the heat.

I do have the contract with the gas board so can give them a call, was just hoping to sort it myself by pressing a few buttons, if I just knew which ones to press!

I would of thought that the obvious thing would be to use the dial with the radiator picture next to it! although it appears to be set high enough already, its possible the spindle is broken inside. Where on earth did you get that green knob from? :confused:

The temp shown is the hot water which will increase as water flows through the boiler. Turn a hot tap on half way and watch the temp go up.

If you want the water a bit hotter turn the green dial a bit more clock wise. :D

Hiya
thanks I have notice the temp go up when I turn a hot tap on I wish it would stay that hot for the rads.

Should have said that those dials don't seem to do anything - they just turn but when they are turned I can't acutally feel any thing moving IYSWIM

I thought maybe someone would be able to say, 'ahh yeah, I know what she's on about' and be able to tell me which button to press after I had pressed the plus and minus ones together, to keep the temp.

Thanks for your reply.

I would of thought that the obvious thing would be to use the dial with the radiator picture next to it! although it appears to be set high enough already, its possible the spindle is broken inside. Where on earth did you get that green knob from? :confused:

Lol
yep I think the spindles are broken...... The green knob was bought by my husband when he was here. would say he's a biit of one himself, but am only a newbie and don't want to get banned lol :D

that boiler looks vaugly familiar

mind i had just fell out of tipton sports club if memory serves :LOL:

Well if the spindles broke your stuck. Pressing buttons won't help, they're just there for servicing and diagnostics.

nb: I've never seena green knob on a turbomax plus and can't imagine where its come from! Painted??

The temp,s are controlled via the thermostats on front of boiler

Like Mickyg say,s the spindles may be stapped off

Lol
yep I think the spindles are broken...... The green knob was bought by my husband when he was here. would say he's a biit of one himself, but am only a newbie and don't want to get banned lol :D

fill yer boots bonny lass

they aint banned the plastic confederate yet ;)

Well if the spindles broke your stuck. Pressing buttons won't help, they're just there for servicing and diagnostics.

nb: I've never seena green knob on a turbomax plus and can't imagine where its come from! Painted??

ahh right, I see, thanks for telling me. I had thought maybe I could use somthing else, like a screwdriver, but nothing happened first time, and didnt want to risk making more trouble for myself.

Think my best bet then would be to call the gas board. :D

you can adjust it from the back of the pcb, but I don't want to encourage you to do something that might end badly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back