Additional toilet waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a development for the family. 5 bed house. Original toilet waste stack vent runs to above 1/2 roof level so good.

Added ground level toilet direct into drain (existing) with no vent. OK?

The new bit is a secondary 1st floor toilet, approx 6metres from the primary one. The builder provided the 1st fix drain into existing. Does this need to be vented or not????

Cheers
;)

Sponsored Links
The ground floor WC is ok and should'nt require additional ventilation.

Downstairs ok, provided distance from invert of drain to outlet on pan is >1.5m. Very unlikely it would be, unless you have ridiculously deep drains.....

1st floor, does this connect to the drain after the existing stack and vent? Technically the highest point of the drain should be vented. I'd at least put an AAV on the pipe to the new 1st floor WC, may have problems otherwise. If stack external then FWIW i'd continue it up to vent.

Afraid also the the work should be notified under building regs...

The the work should be notified under building regs...

The work is being done under building regs, part of the reason for the question. The whole build has yet to be signed off. Yes, it does connect to the main drain after the primary vent.

The new part of the system is external so I guess I should go with a secondary vent stack?

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Obviously the pipe has to go up to the 1st floor level before going through the wall, so personally i'd continue it up to vent. AAV could be fitted, but needs to be external type otherwise it could freeze. External AAV is 2x price of internal version, at least vent is fit and forget.

Open vent it is then, just wasnt sure if it was needed, as I had read that only one was required. Had it not had to route round a window I would have done it without asking, thanks for the advice. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back