New central heating system condensor boiler no corgi cert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
have had a new central heating system installed by a friend of a friend who was/is supposedly corgi registered. However it has now been 18 months and no corgi or Worcester Bosch registration cert.
With the new regs now is with HIPS we need this if we want to sell our house.
Boiler - Worcester Bosch 30CDi - all seems to be working well

My Questions
What can I do to obtain a corgi cert to cover my requirement for safety and HIPS?
What can I do to check if my system was indeed installed by a, supposedly, corgi registered installer (i do know his name - or the name I was told but not sure) ?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
in the back of your instruction manual there is a comissioning page which should of been filled out if not then my guess he aint registered, its not corgi anymore but gas safe if you log onto gas safe register you can check out engineers on there

Corgi is no longer the body for registered gas engineers, it became the Gassafe register as of April last year. Could check on there is he is registered still for gas work, (he must be to comply with the law!), and ask him to sort it out.

However whilst it may work that doesnt guarantee its safe... I would suggest you ask around for recommendations for a reputable engineer who is Gassafe registered and get it checked and sorted out. Whilst I appreciate this may cost you, you're a long time dead....

Hi,
many thanks,
yep was aware gas safe was the new gov body.
So if I am not too sure I have his real name and now cannot seem to get in contact with him can I get this sorted? I am aware and (sort of) happy to pay if needs be.

I would like to be:
1. Happy that my system is indeed safe (two your daughters).
2. If I want to sell I want to be able to provide all the legal certificates I need to.

Also just checked all my docs - nothing filled in any of the installation manuals - all blank

Can I do this, even, grrrrr, this will cost me yet more money :(

Thanks for your reponse's

Dan :(

Sponsored Links
Ring a gassafe engineer, explain and ask if he'll help. May as well get it serviced while he's there. He'll have to make any alterations needed to comply and make it safe.

TBH I wouldnt trust the original guy now, he should have done the paperwork at the start. The job was notifiable under building regs, and also the guarantee is worthless without the installers registration number. Better a second opinion from someone who isnt anxious to cover his backside from original install.

Hi,
whats OP Brace yourselves?

New person on the forum whats the shorthand?!!!
:)

OP = Original Poster = you.

Tony = Mr Glazier = a stickler for the rules. Will show you the error of your ways. Think of him as a really strict head master. He means well though!

:LOL: ;)

Thank you for clarification.

I'm bracing.

How did I go wrong, please grade me and show me error of my ways. Was the answer already in previous asked Q&A? ;)

Yes, when he sees the words 'boiler' and 'no Corgi cert' in the same topic heading, he will instantly start to salivate.

As Whitey says.........brace yourself!

Thank you for clarification.

I'm bracing.

How did I go wrong, please grade me and show me error of my ways. Was the answer already in previous asked Q&A? ;)

No. your post was fine. Cashjob's post gives a hint to your heinous crime!

So how does it work with HIPS if your boiler is 10 years old and was installed before the requirement for installation certificates?

easiest way to get round this is to request a landlord certificate for the property by a gas safe reg engineer. At least this way you will find out if it is installed correctly and is safe.

You can also use this certificate if you sell.

I carry these out on regular basis for a few estate agents. I also ring up corgi with the postcode and address and they will give you the building cert number if it has been registered. For £30 they will also send you a copy of the cert.

What is a landlords cert and how is this diff to regular certs? As we own the house and do not rent it or intend to rent it out?

Also to my 1st post point - is the an irreversible situation or can I get a certificate? Port replies appear to indicate I can get one just that it might cost me (hopefully not an arm or a leg).

Also will my cert when I get one be one corgi/gas safe are happy with (guess it should right?) ?

The previous post is saying that a CP12 Landlord's certificate (that is normally issued for landlords that have requested the legally required safety inspection) is sufficient for the HIPS. If this is the case, all you need to do is get any GasSafe registered plumber who does landlord's inspections, to do one. They cost between £ 50 and £ 100 usually, although if the installation fails the inspection, it might cost more to put it right, plus, they might even cut off the appliance or gas supply!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back