can i spur off a loft light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can i spur off a loft light? an electrician put a loft light in for me he did a good job but only put one in,can i spur off the back of the light fitting he put in and run it to the other end of the loft so as i flick the light switch in the loft they will both come on.I have got some 1.5 lighting wire plus the same light fitting i know how to spur just want to know if it will be safe.Thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
Sure, no probs.

Make sure you connect the earth through as well as the live and neutral.
And clip the cable so it doesn't drape all over the place.

Hello can i spur off a loft light? an electrician put a loft light in for me he did a good job but only put one in,can i spur off the back of the light fitting he put in and run it to the other end of the loft so as i flick the light switch in the loft they will both come on.I have got some 1.5 lighting wire plus the same light fitting i know how to spur just want to know if it will be safe.Thanks for any info

I would ask your electrician to come back. And ask him to fit the other/others you asked him to fit in the first place. You did ask for more than one ?
If not just get him to come back and fit another for you.
It is perfectly safe, provided you do it correctly.

Sponsored Links

I would ask your electrician to come back. And ask him to fit the other/others you asked him to fit in the first place. You did ask for more than one ?
If not just get him to come back and fit another for you.
It is perfectly safe, provided you do it correctly.

No what it was i had two electricians in to put smoke alarms in my council house and i said could you put me a light in my loft so one went up and did it while i did the paper work with the other one, it was over in a flash (no pun intended) gave him £30 on the way out,and when i had a look there was only one,But i did say could you put A light in my loft so it does sound like one. lol

You're right

A light in my loft is singular.

Some lights in my loft would have elicited the response "how many do you want"

Hey ho, its not difficult to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back