Mira 88 shower control - Removal without damaging tiling

Sponsored Links
is it a built in valve? if so take off faceplate and have a look but chances are you will have to break tiles

if its exposed its just an allen key and 2 x 15mm nuts (turn off water)

Thanks for the reply BingoBongo

Its exposed type.

To confirm - its the allen key accessible from under the valve body and the two 15mms nuts are the ones going into the tiled wall?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I'll shall remove the assembly tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll be serviceable and can go back on. Suspect I maybe better off fitting a new shower control.

Any recommendations on a make that will have a similar footprint to cover the holes left by the Mira?

Thanks - I'll shall remove the assembly tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll be serviceable and can go back on. Suspect I maybe better off fitting a new shower control.

Any recommendations on a make that will have a similar footprint to cover the holes left by the Mira?

should be standard mira size

ive got the combiforce

Had a look at the Combiforce - fell off my stool - lot of money £224.

Control came off a treat this morning albeit with a big hole in the wall.

Stripped it on the bench - this thing is built so well I'm not going to scrap it. I'll buy some new plastic trims and fit the service kit then put it back on the wall.

Need to fill the hole (which is where the pipes lay) with something I can rawplug then mosaic the broken tiles on top.

Have you bought the service kit for it yet? I have one here you can have for half price plus a quid for postage.

Allan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back