Synaptic touchpad ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I turn off the tap feature on laptop touch pad [HP NC4200 XP pro sp3]?
It's far to sensitive and make navigation tricky on some sites.

Sponsored Links
I don't have an XP Laptop but try this:

Open Control Panel, in the search bar in the upper right corner. Click then type in mouse.
It will have all the options.
Go to the "Device Settings" label.
Click on tap to click, there will be a check box with a check.
Click it and it will not use tap to click.

dav e

Sponsored Links
In the system tray, right click on the touch pad icon. Select mouse properties and make changes there. Rather than disabling the doubleclick (untick the button in the tapping tab) why not change the speed of click instead?

You mention site navigation- if the issue is accidentally going back and forth through pages then you need to turn off web assistant in the scrolling tab- I always turn this off as it annoys me!!!

In the system tray, right click on the touch pad icon. Select mouse properties and make changes there. Rather than disabling the doubleclick (untick the button in the tapping tab) why not change the speed of click instead?

You mention site navigation- if the issue is accidentally going back and forth through pages then you need to turn off web assistant in the scrolling tab- I always turn this off as it annoys me!!!
No icon in system tray. :?:
Site problem not related to page skipping, page moves up and down or jump as movement on pad is randomly detected as tap.

No icon in system tray. :?:
Site problem not related to page skipping, page moves up and down or jump as movement on pad is randomly detected as tap.

Sounds like scroll function needs to be turned of then rather than the double tap, I know what you mean now.

Have alook here at SirJs solution

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/...auto-scroll-thing-is-driving-me-nuts/m-p/9156

Hi Foxhole

When you go to mouse in control panel what options do you have?

Not a scrolling problem, [do not have a auto scroll feature.]

sometimes it is called virtual scrolling.

one of my old laptops has the same touch pad- i will fire it up this eve and post back

had a look at my ols laptop, unlike you I have an icon in the system tray which as many tabs when clicked on, including the annoying virtual scrolling.

I guess you need to download the synaptics software to be able to make the changes.

Sponsored Links
Back