Extractor Fan - exterior damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed some dirty water that had dripped down my tiling and into the bath from my extractor fan. Then I noticed that the exterior wall, directly under the extractor fan vent was quite wet and spreading downwards and outwards. The vent is a louvre type with no external cover. I did wonder whether it was driving rain that had caused this but the fan is not in an exposed position and this has never happened before in 5 years. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
condensation... simples..

in this cold it's likely that any moisture is condensing on the inside of the pipe to the outside rather than being expelled before it can condense..
it's then running down the tube and escaping at the join between the vent and tube, and down the wall..

:) Thanks for the speedy reply! Anything that I can do to reduce this - the wall is quite wet - besides not washing!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back