Electric cooker -connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody,

I really need advice. I bought ceramic electric cooker and when it was delivered I was told that it needs hardwire box because the swith is in cupboard (safety reasons). I called electrician and explain the situation but he connected the cooker directly to the switch in cupboard. Now I am worried that if he has done his job correctly and was professional.

What it is exackly hard wire box and how it looks like?

Many thanks for any opinion or advice!

Sponsored Links
What it is exackly hard wire box and how it looks like?
You tell us son. Never heard of one.

The cooker switch shouldnt be in a cupboard. This is for safety reasons. :rolleyes:

How are you going to isolate your cooker in an emergency if the switch is in the back of a cupboard buried behind a load of pots and pans??

Thanks for replies.

That cupboard is not destined to be a storage place but still the switch is inside.

What should be done to connect the cooker safely?

The cooker specification is:
voltage 240V- 50/60 HZ
Power 8600W

Sponsored Links
That cupboard is not destined to be a storage place

You going to sleep in there? :eek:

Regardless of whether you might not use it as a cupboard, someone else in the future might be sensible enough to use the space God has given them and fill it with junk. Designers of electrical installations cannot design said installations on the basis of "might nots".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back