worcester bosch kettling noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a complete heating system installed in september 1998 consisting of 6 radiators (Previously solid fuel)

The boiler is a worcester bosch 24i that has not had any major problems, apart from a leaking auto vent valve & air pressure switch faulty (Both of which were replaced).

Last few months there is a noise from the boiler that occurs when the heating comes on, but not right away, only when the system starts to get warmed up (after about 5 to 10 minutes of running).

After a few minutes this noise stops & doesnt reoccur untill the system is cooled down, then the same thing happens again.

I noticed that if i turn the roomstat down ( enough to cut the gas supply) the noise stops immediately.

Thinking it may be an obstruction\sludge in the heat exchanger, i put some of this cleaner in to the system via a radiator

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Easy-Squeeze-Cleanser-Concentrate/invt/159831

It states that it should be left in for around 28 days. I also bought some of this protector to put in after i flush out the cleaner.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Easy-Squeeze-Protector-Concentrate/invt/159830.

If it is kettling because of scale build up, would it not make this noise all the time the heating is on & not just at a certain point in the heating process?

Thank you.[/url]

Sponsored Links
Kettling on a modulating boiler is most noticeable when it first comes on at full power.

There are so many things that can go wrong with a boiler which has not been PROPERLY serviced by a gas engineer!

Without hearing the noise I cannot say what it is in your case. Unlike some others I dont just list possible causes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back