Worcester 24CDi combi boiler pressure gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we moved into a repossessed house and we had an engineer check our boiler and he said the gauge should read about 2.

having just come back from holiday (no heating on) i noticed some radiators are cold at the top so i got the air out but nearly straight away we could hear a loud noise coming from the boiler.it sounded like the pump and having watched the engineer unscrew the big screw in the middle to solve a problem i did the same and now it is all quiet but the gauge reads 0 now.do i need to get an engineer out to get it back to where it should be or is it not important?all the heating and hot water seems fine so far today.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The images show the white charging key and the filling assembly where the key goes under the boiler.

Check your instruction book.

Andy.

ok the key was already in, so i turned the white knob clockwise to ensure it was closed but im sure the water gushed in and now its up to 3.5 then the knob cap fell off.so now its fully clockwise tight like tightening a bolt from underneath and when i pull that key out water gushes out so i have put it back up.i have turned the system off, is it safe to run for a few days

Too much pressure.

I would drop the pressure to 1.2bar by opening a radiator bleed valve slightly to let some pressure out.

Then check that you have turned the knob clockwise then water shouldn't be gushing out when you take the key out.

Andy.

it is as tight as i can get it, can some water be expected to come out?i let some pressure out of a radiator but no change.i am convinced it is being replaced at the boiler! due to the panic of the knob falling off im sure it started letting water in when i turned it clockwise but i might be wrong.

also i have drained for about ten mins and the gauge hasnt changed yet

Is the knob that fell off the same knob that you are turning clockwise. And is it to the left or right of the charging key :?:

Have you looked in the instruction book :?:

Andy.

im wondering if mine is reversed, i turned it anti clockwise then the key came out fine and im down to 1.5 now.i am an engineer so its not as if im being confused lol

Plastic knob on plastic spindle. Notorious for just spinning on the spindle. Knob should have flat edge to marry up with flat edge on spindle, bet the spindle is rounded off in which case a pair of pliers for now to turn off filling loop, ultimately you need a new filling loop kit.

These are a bugger, why a boiler manufacturer makes as key! which is often discarded or lost is beyond me, the grey knob is a pain as well and often breaks, sorry not helping, just read this and fancied a rant lol

These are a b*****r, why a boiler manufacturer makes as key! which is often discarded or lost is beyond me, the grey knob is a pain as well and often breaks, sorry not helping, just read this and fancied a rant lol
my plastic knob is round with a flat, so it was ok and just went back on, but it was reveresed and feels like it will break the fitting when i close it.very odd but problem solved.

thanks for your help folks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back