Electric cooker installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi good peoples,
I attempted to wire in a cooker to the supply box last week and as there were 3 live terminals on the cooker (plus 2 neutral terminals), I wasn't sure which one to use. The first one I tried gave us power to the oven but not the hob. I tried the live cable to a different terminal and there was no power to any part of the cooker. Of course the manual cannot be found anywhere. Do I have to bridge the 3 live terminals?
Many thanks,
Peter.

Sponsored Links
ok.. just keep stuffing the cables in random places untill it all works.

simples...

take a picture maybe? oven make? is it new?

Sponsored Links
You being sarcastic?
I have been told that there is normally a metal bridging device to connect the 3 lives and the 2 neutral terminals. All my clients have mental health issues and while I do try to improve their home environment, some of them can be quite chaotic. On this occassion, my client has misplaced the manual that came with the cooker, and I'm sure the bridging pins were in the same envelope.
Yes, it's a new oven, a New World. Nothing fancy but functional.
Thanks for your help.

yes you are right, lives and neutrals are normally joined together.

if it were me, id try and find a manual, online, contact new world etc.

its jst guessing otherwsie.

So, now we know what a cooker looks like. Very useful!

There are lots of New World Cookers.
Is there any possibility that you can reveal the model number.

Maybe someone can then find the manual and give you some constructive advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back