A77 Error on Ariston MicroGenus 32

B

Ballgirl

Hi,

I keep getting a A77 error on my boiler. Manual says its a problem with the Condensate trap being full.

I put it down to the recent cold weather (we had -10 degrees) freezing the pipe that goes outside. I've now since Lagged the pipe but the temperature has now picked up to 6 degrees so the outside pipe isn't frozen but I'm still getting the error.

If I wiggle the pipe after the A77 error I can restart the boiler. Is there anything I can do, or is it definately a job for the professionals?

I have booked in for a service but its not until 1st and its going off every few hours

Sponsored Links
If the condensate pipework and trap are ok then the fault is likely to be with the recuperator.

The early design had a flaw and was prone to this error (more so if the boiler was not installed plumb). The sense electordes were placed too close together and condensate would track between them causing the error.

AFAIR Ariston initially replaced the small pcb but in many cases the recuperator required replacement....many under warranty.

Needless to say, recuperator checking/replacement is within the combustion chamber and should only be checked by someone suitably qaulified and competent.

If the condensate pipework and trap are ok then the fault is likely to be with the recuperator.

The early design had a flaw and was prone to this error (more so if the boiler was not installed plumb). The sense electordes were placed too close together and condensate would track between them causing the error.

AFAIR Ariston initially replaced the small pcb but in many cases the recuperator required replacement....many under warranty.

Needless to say, recuperator checking/replacement is within the combustion chamber and should only be checked by someone suitably qaulified and competent.

When you say early design flaw, how early? This boiler was only installed Dec 08?

Is it possible the condensate trap just needs a bit of a clean inside? No I'm not going to do it :)

Sponsored Links
Contact Ariston with the serial number and they may be able to tell whether you have the later recuperator....don't be surprised if they are unhelpful...they tried to cover up this particular design flaw (along with a few others :rolleyes: ). Remeber your boiler could have sat in the merchants for a year or so.

The trap is likely to be fairly clean due to the design of the boiler but there is of course the possibilty it's blocked and condensate is backing up to the recuperator. Are you sure the condensate pipework external to the boiler is clear? What does it connect to? Is that connection clear?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back