Cavity wall insulation, Cavity barrier.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Can anyone tell me were I could get hold the Cavity wall barrier (Bristle brush type) that they use when putting in EPS beads.
Or are they any other way to stop the flow into next door.

Sponsored Links
are you pumping it yourself? surely the cavity wall boys will pull one through for you?

Yes I am thinking of pumping it in my self, mostly from the loft as I have an open cavity and may only have to drill holes under a few windows.
There’s still a saving to be made doing it myself and the nearest EPS company is 50miles away. They all seem to want to stick the wool in.
But I am still looking for the cavity barrier

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you know this but i though i'd mention anyway in case, that I'd recommend against trying to fill a cavity only from the top as you could potentially get major voids lower down the walls as it binds together and you will definately get masses of voids under wall ties etc.

Personally speaking I would leave your cavity well alone and look for an alternative remedy, there are plenty of discussion points on the hazards associated with damp penetration caused through filling a cavity with insulation material!

I guess its a case of buyer beware!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back