Header Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi help,
When my central heating is on the header tank keeps filling up with hot water not cold so it over flows all the time.
Is it the coil in the tank or something else?

Sponsored Links
its the coil in the cistern

is it just me ?????????????????????????????

PLUMBBOB1 said:
its the coil in the cistern

The original post doesn't give enough information, but anyway, what do you mean here? Few (if any) cisterns have coils in them.

it might be that the water is getting too hot ... hot water gets bigger and it goes over in to the header tank.

or

the ball thingy that stops water in your header tank is set wrong mabe :confused:

i'llo think on this

Sponsored Links
lord nicon21 said:
it might be that the water is getting too hot ... hot water gets bigger and it goes over in to the header tank.

or

the ball thingy that stops water in your header tank is set wrong mabe :confused:

The ball thingy (stop cock) is working fine and the stat on the tank is working fine so i think it is the coil in the tank?
Thank you!!!!!!

Water does indeed expand when it heats up. That's why that tank is also known as an expansion tank. We ARE talking about the small tank here aren't we; not the big one that feeds your hot water system?

Air expands many times more when it heats up. When was the last time you bled your radiators?

*HOMERSIMPSON* said:
lord nicon21 said:

or

The ball thingy (stop cock) is working fine and the stat on the tank is working fine so i think it is the coil in the tank?
Thank you!!!!!!

disimulo.gif

*HOMERSIMPSON* said:
Hi help,
When my central heating is on the header tank keeps filling up with hot water not cold so it over flows all the time.
Is it the coil in the tank or something else?

Not the coil

it would overflow all the time, is the water level in the small tank lower than the main storage tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back