Fence posts - steel or concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would 11ft fence posts be stronger in concrete or galvanised steel?

Sponsored Links
either will be more than sufficent for a fence as would 4" timber

11 ft you say? Is this a wire netting fence or what?

If a timber fence, concrete ones can look great. You can use dark brown masonry paint to blend them in with the fence stain.

I can show you a photo if you like.

If by metal you mean Metposts, they are absolute rubbish. Don't toucv them.

Sponsored Links
is this by any chance related to the other thread i gave you advice on? In that case if it is timber will be absolutley fine.....stop worrying and get the job done! :LOL:

Yes its timber, closeboard panels. I'll probably end up painting the concrete ones. Its just that one company said that 11ft in concrete would be best to go for steel.
Yes I should get the job done!!

oh god here we go again John D gets his raggerty old photo out. It will be the gnomes next! go for timber

pay no attention to Thermo

he makes a handsome living out of replacing rotten fence posts, so he needs plenty of wooden posts in the ground to keep him in business.

take as many concrete out as wooden you old cynic. go back to your home the matron is calling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back