Do Trigger/Non-latching pull-cord ceiling switches exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an icon30 fan by AirFlow in my bathroom and it has live, permanent live
and neutral connections. It has a built-in (non-latching) pull cord too, but I want to
remove this. The fan has a humidistat and [10 minute] timer on it too.

Anyway, I have the *switched live* terminal going to a remote pull-cord switch
that can turn the fan on, BUT, I want to replace this pull-cord switch with one
that doesn't latch ON but just trigger the fan, i.e. I want it to operate like the built-in
pull cord.

So, all I want the pull switch to do is to *trigger* the fan into going on, and as it has
permanent live it will then stay on by itself for 10 mins. I don't like the current situation
of having to pull the remote switch twice (On then OFF again) just to trigger a 10 minute
session of extraction and I don't want to leave the remote switch in the ON position
otherwise I will be confused as to what state the fan is in, if you see what I mean.

So, do such trigger-only or non-latching pull-cord switches exist? And if so, where
can I get one. (I have looked and asked around quite a few places now with no luck)
(Also, if they do exist, what is their proper name?)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back