Advice needed on producing home plan drawings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just embarking on a bathroom project which will involve moving stud walling, water tank, rerouting plumbing and electrics etc and I want to start by drawing up a set of schematics/plans of the existing house layouts for plumbing, electrics, walls, etc. I can use these for other projects I plan to do e.g kitchen. I will be doing the actual building work myself so it will be me reading the drawings but possibly tradesmen also.

Can anyone suggest where to look for some good examples of such plans ? Nothing too complicated or architectural, and I will be producing by using pencil and paper rather than CAD.

I have in the past completed a 2 year Furniture design/making Diploma and so am familiar with the basics principles of creating and reading construction drawings.

I'd ike to see examples of the best ways to capture the various bits of information (i.e laying out the drawings/views, what to include, best practices etc).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could purchase a (usually rather expensive) book detailing architectural drawing standards and conventions.
But, if it's for your own use just label and annotate everything and don't bother with convention.

Have a look at your local council's planning departments online planning applications. Lots of examples there ti view. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back