Baxi Combi 105e - died - no hot water, no lights, nothing...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has just died completely. No hot water, nothing. All the lights inside have gone off - so I'm assuming it is an electrical problem. I've changed the fuse, but no joy. Anyone any ideas... (and how much will it cost to put right!)
thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depends on what the problem is
the boiler could be perfectly fine but has lost its power supply or
its power supply could be perfectly fine but the boiler is knackered
how much will depend on
what the problem is
who you get to fix it
not enough info to go on really

Matt

My boiler has just died completely. No hot water, nothing. All the lights inside have gone off - so I'm assuming it is an electrical problem. I've changed the fuse, but no joy. Anyone any ideas... (and how much will it cost to put right!)
thanks!
i take it you mean the fuse in the spur switch? the boiler isnt on its own circuit is it and the mcb gone down as my boiler is on its own circuit.is there power going to the spur switch

The fuse that I changed is the fuse in teh plug in the wall (don't know what a spur switch is!)

Sponsored Links
\Thanks Mattle. I plugged something in, and that socket works fine. So the problem is with the boiler, i guess!

on some boilers like ideal icos there is a fuse which is surposed to protect the pcb, but to my knowledge they never do the pcb is the main circuit board on the boiler

There is a fuse on the 105e - 3amp I think - it's part of the main block where the power comes in.

If you don't have a multimeter and/or the confidence to open up the boiler electrical connections I'd get an engineer out.

This is not a boiler/PCB problem.

The problem is with the incoming 230v supply.

Did you check the fuse is ok (the new one)

baxpoti . So you dont think its a boiler problem/pump/fan that has caused the 2 amp fuse on the boiler terminal strip to blow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back