2 Power showers 1 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decided against two pumps - one for each shower. Instead looking to install one 3 bar pump to power both. On the hot a cold outlets do I split each so the two pipes become four - hot and cold for each location? 22mm pipe has ben suggested - is that still ok if splitting each outlet to supply two separate showers. Normally only 1 shower in use - I was worried about cyclinder emptying fast with two pumps at 3 bar pressure - will 1.5 each (*ie one pump between both showers if both in use) be powerful enough?many thanks. D

Sponsored Links
i would look at it this way.

1 pump. or no pump

2 pumps or one pump

the 2nd way you can still have a shower if one pump plays up, your way you cant.

also (just my opinion)
1 pump running, 2nd shower starts, flow now divided between two outlets
(so only 50 % of what they had)

2 pumps (either on or off) no variance in water presuure

only thing, either way must have bigger tanks/ hot water storage

Now installed and runnig for 3 years - no probs. Yes, split H & C pump outlets to each shower (22mm). Large Storage Cylinder required or 10 minute cut-off switch for son or daughter! :LOL:

1)
Breezer - thanks for that - have'nt room for a larger tank - that was one reason for having just one pump - other was cost! I agree that if pump fails no pumper shower!

Would it still be possible to shower from gravity if pump fails - ie open a bypass valve? If not, presumably the piping either side could have bypass pipe to redirect to avoid going through pump - any thoughts?

I appreciate power would reduce if both showers runnign but I think 1.5 bar each should still give a reasonable shower - so I've heard!!!

2)
Good4U - thank you - sound ok then! What do you consider a large capacity hot tank? Ours is 91cm high with 50 cm diameter - can usually get two gravity showers of say 10 mins and a bath from it. Could also switch immersion on to help heat water faster than just by boiler. What do you think? What bar pump are you using? Do you how a cut off facility could be installed? Cheers. D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back