Halstead Finest 90 - Safety Lock Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So all summer the boiler works a treat and then come winter the pressure relief valve relieves itself constantly. One valve replaced and pressure stays ok for 2 months until you guessed it pressure is zero and a puddle outside the house. Each time this happens (I assume there is a link) the boiler safety locks out.

Question is I am guessing I am not so unlucky to have two faulty relief valves? If so then why can\\\'t my boiler hold it\\\'s water?

Oh and I am sure its release is nowhere else in the system - everything is dry.

Sponsored Links
You're curing the symptoms (PRV release), but not the cause!
The PRV is there the relieve excess pressure and stop the whole boiler exploding. The PRV cannot CAUSE excess pressure. Get Someone In!

croydoncorgi said:
You're curing the symptoms (PRV release), but not the cause!
The PRV is there the relieve excess pressure and stop the whole boiler exploding. The PRV cannot CAUSE excess pressure. Get Someone In!

The system normally sits at 1.5 to 2 bar happy as anything, I know the old prv was leaking (always dripping vent pipe). The new PRV does what it should and releases at 3 bar ( tested by using our wonderful 15bar water pressure!). Not sure (never caught the system shutting down) what pressure the system is at when the system shuts locks out, but the result is zero pressure after each event.

All that said things have been working for the last few nights? Must mean summer is on its way.

Will find someone local who loves Halstead boilers (ever hopeful).

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Is it true that the new Halstead Worstest is actually a rebadged Halstead Finest.

Not just rebadged... substantially upgraded! :)

Looks like the pressure vessel has no charge, at least I have something to do this weekend now (like I needed another project) lol

Many thanks all

It takes us a few minutes on one of them - allow half an hour!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back