sangamo 410 f4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,ve just bought a SUNVIC 207 XLS to replace the above controller. However the wiring instructions for the terminals on the installation sheet do not match up with the sangamo terminals. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I,ve just bought a SUNVIC 207 XLS to replace the above controller. However the wiring instructions for the terminals on the installation sheet do not match up with the sangamo terminals. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks
That's because the Sangamo has 8 terminals and acts as a "wiring centre"

This is the Sangamo Instructions Book. Which wiring diagram is yours (page 16 onwards)?

You will have to buy a wiring centre.

Hi
I doubt you will need a wiring centre
the terminals on each programmer relate to

on the sangamo............sunvic

1 = hot water on.............3
2 = hot water off.............1
3 = live ...........................L
4 = neutral......................N
5 = also neutral
6 = there may be a link here to 1, you dont need it
7 = CH off......................2
8 = CH on......................4

I take it that the sangamo does have a number 4 printed on the bottom left hand side?

Matt

my lucky day? I have same problem as Stapleton46,and note D.Hailsham's & Matt's reply but.......my f4' s wiring centre appears to be in the form of a separate plate slightly buried in the wall with the 8 terminals all wired up,and into which my 410,with 8 bayonets on the back, simply plugs in. There is no current going to my Baxi back boiler, and the fault is clearly with the 410 itself,as the neon indicator is not lit,and on inspection the small wired board within is burnt black! My question therfore is ,has the Sunvic 207xls also got 8 bayonets on the back for easy insertion onto the wiring plate,and will that plate need to be re-wired in the same way Matt advises?. Alternatively,is there another switch on the market that would suit?

Sponsored Links
My question therfore is ,has the Sunvic 207xls also got 8 bayonets on the back for easy insertion onto the wiring plate,
and will that plate need to be re-wired in the same way Matt advises?.
Alternatively,is there another switch on the market that would suit?

hi Ronedad
short and sweet answers to the above 3 questions are
no
yes
yes and no
yes in regards to there are many that will operate your system, no in regards to getting a one that will plug into the same back plate(unless its another 410 f4)

basically,all you need to do is get a new programmer then use the installation manual that comes with it to match up the terminals with my earlier post then transfer the wires across to the new back plate
any cables that are connected to terminals 4 & 5 on the sangamo are common and connect to neutral on the new programmer,anything that is connected to 6 needs to be removed (it will almost certainly be a link to another terminal)
Be aware that depending on the programmer you get you may need to add links this will be documented in your manual

the connections that will be relevant to you on the sangamo are

1 = hot water on.
2 = hot water off.(but not if you have s-plan, ie a 2port valve for HW and another one for CH}
3 = live
4 & 5= neutral
8 = CH on
if you get stuck then post back,I'm not always on here regular but there will be many that will give guidance if needed,
D_Hailsham
Mandate
seco services
to name a few, are all conversant with heating controls

matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back