Bosch Maxx WFL2260

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just swapped the carbon brushes on my machine. Started ok , which I was really chuffed about but.....
There is a buzzing noise when the drum revolves. I suspect bearings on the way out as it's seen a hell of a lot of action, but was wondering what the symptoms were of brushes being put in the wrong way around ? thinking maybe the pointy end could be just catching the motor as it spins. I'm new to all this and this is the first time I've ever swapped carbon brushes in anything. I'm pretty sure I did it right, but was just wondering about what the symptoms of brushes put in the wrong way round are? - I've done lots of searches but can't find anything out?

Any advice gratefully received?

Thanks,
Dave.

Sponsored Links
it will make a little bit of a different sound ,
the new brushes should be fitted with the angle at the correct fitting to the motor armature
the 'buzzing' unlikely to be bearings

Yes sounds like wrong way round they should be flat against the copper strips

ok, great thanks for the responses.....will it cause any problems or will the brushes simply wear down to the right shape after a few washes?

cheers again,

Dave.

Sponsored Links
brushes will poss ruin the commutator and snap the brushes ,need to put them round the right way before more damadge is caused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back