problem with keston qutos 28s boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BOILER RUNS OK FOR A TIME THEN BUILDS UP PRESSURE AND DISCHARGES VIA SAFETY VALVE THE PRESSURE THEN DROPS TO LOW TO RUN BOILER ANY HAD THIS ???

Sponsored Links
air or debris in the system?

but i would go with a dodgy pressure sensor, call someone out and make sure he brings one of them ;)

Not worked on one of these so checked my computer... the boiler doesn't seem to have an expansion vessel so ain't pressurised...have I got the right boiler? That being the case you obviously have the system pressurised anyway. You need to go to the pressure vessel, hold open the PRV and attach a foot pump to the schrader valve on the vessel and pump the pressure to whatever the data badge says...standard is about 1 bar, bigger ones are 3,5bar.
Hope I ain't completely missed the mark here

Sponsored Links
There is the Q28h (open vented) and Q28s (sealed)

Q28h doesn't come with an internal pump or expansion vessel the Q28s does.

I would still go with the pressure sensor (trust moi) but wont rule out blooflames comment. should be 1bar at the vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back