Water Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a chrome towel rail fitted on bathroom wall, this being the highest placed rad in the house. Boiler/pump is over 10 years old. the trouble is every so often I have to bleed this towel rail, only the top few rungs are cold...I was told it could be my pump settings. Only...as this is an older model of the CP53 it does not have other flow rate settings. the pump is located out in the garage and has a fair bit to travel to get to the highest point in the house....

Am I right in believing this?,

I know I could to buy a new pump with the 3 flow rates offa fleabay for £30 odd

cheers in advance

Iain

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a chrome towel rail fitted on bathroom wall, this being the highest placed rad in the house. .I was told it could be my pump settings.
Am I right in believing this?,

Iain
No

Sponsored Links
I'll try and offer a bit more info from my limited knowlege. Air/gases will collect at the highest point of the system, this being your said rad. Its possible that either there may be a slight leak on the suction side of the pump, not enough to let water out but enough to let air in.

Or if the system is dirty, hydrogen gas is produced as a result of the corrosion taking place inside the system.

Or could be both air and gas. Pump speed will have little effect, and in fact it could make it worse by installing a new pump if air is being drawn in IMHO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back