Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a shower pump with a Surrey Flange for the hot and a dedicated supply for the cold and it works fine ,but when the washing machine calls for hot water the pump starts.
Could you give possible reasons and solutions for this problem.

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
Is there a dedicated supply for the hot too? I imagine it is but your post doesn't state this clearly.

pump come on when washing machine call for hot water.....
what about hot tap in bathroom and kitchen? do pump come on when you turn tap on?

Is the check valve ( Non-return valve ) fitted on pump?

Dan

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan
The other hot taps dont start the pump its just the thud of the w/machine demand that starts it, and the flexi,s with iso,s are fitted but a check valve was not supplied in the kit Salamander RSP50

Tim

Try turn off hot feed to pump ( iso valve ) and see what happen.

If it does stop pump coming on, you need to fit check valve, ideal on both feed ( hot + cold ) to pump.

Does the washing machine has 2 hoses? red and blue?

w/machine does have 2 hoses and if i fit check valves will that not inhibit the flow to the pump.

Tim

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT I FITTED A CHECK VALVE BETWEEN THE S FLANGE AND THE PUMP ON THE HOT SIDE AND THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM.
TIM

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT I FITTED A CHECK VALVE BETWEEN THE S FLANGE AND THE PUMP ON THE HOT SIDE AND THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM.
TIM

now read the salamader instructions.
you should never fit a check valve to the supply to the pump it needs to vent back to the cylinder.

Could you fit check valve after the pump although this won't help the OP in this case and will restrict the flow to the shower?

I've answered my own question so how can I delete this useless post? :oops:

Could you fit check valve after the pump although this won't help the OP in this case and will restrict the flow to the shower?

I've answered my own question so how can I delete this useless post? :oops:
You can`t - you are doomed to be regarded a fool forever ;) ( join the club :LOL: ) OP Run the washing machine on cold fill only - saves energy ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back