Blocking off shower pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of removing a Jacuzzi shower unit and to get it out completely, I now need to disconnect it from the hot and cold water supplies.

I have attached a couple of pictures of the fittings and would really appreciate any advice on the best way to get these off and then block them off for a week or two till the new shower is ready to be installed. They look like copper pipes coming out of the wall with screw-on fittings connecting them to metal flexihoses?!

pipes001.jpg
pipes002.jpg

Sponsored Links
isolate the hot/cold remove the brass elbows and fit two cap ends.
just remove the nut off the cap end and use the cap on existing nut/olive.

untitledlk.jpg

I think that you would also need a straight coupler before you could fit the end cap? Either that be it may be possible to leave the elbows on and fit the cap directly to the elbow ( though the thread may be different. )

Nope... ignore that - I was thinking of a different end cap!

I think that you would also need a straight coupler before you could fit the end cap?
no

Either that be it may be possible to leave the elbows on and fit the cap directly to the elbow ( though the thread may be different. )

Nope... ignore that - I was thinking of a different end cap!

if you leave the elbows on then you need this cap end with a rubber seal inside.
caps.jpg
1/2" bsp.

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot for the reply - I think I'd prefer to leave the elbows on, so I'll try to get some of those cap ends with the rubber seals in 'em!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back