bathroom waste - minimising holes through exterior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am relocating the bathroom and as a result need to take waste water out through the 60-80cm wide stone wall. Id like to minimise the number of holes I have to dig through the wall, so was wondering:

Can I link the basin waste to the pan connector somehow? And if this is possible, could I do it with two basins?

Can I link the waste from the shower and bath before taking the pipe through the wall?

No soil stack or connection to the main sewer as yet, want to organise this bit first :D

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Pan connectors available with a 32mm compression socket for a waste pipe. Cant see as putting 2 basins on one connection would cause any issues. Fit anti vac traps to prevent any possible syphonage when they discharge.

Shower and bath should be ok together, again i'd fit anti vac traps. Or common the lot into a 50mm waste before taking this through the wall.

Hep V O waste valves instead of anti vac traps :idea:

thanks both - that makes life loads easier. Also means I can sorrt out the kitchen waste too - joining the kitchen sink to the downstairs loo (through a similarly thick wall) will solve having to chase into the floor slab.
Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Kitchen sinks are 40mm waste, AFAIK there isn't a pan connector available with a 40mm boss. Whilst it may be ok, you are putting a restriction in the size of the pipe, could cause a problem over time with blocking up.

okey doke,
Ive managed to tunnel out of the bathroom, such that a 110mm waste can be fitted just off horizontally through the wall. It runs at bathroom floor level and is set within what was a fireplace - see the pic.

View media item 22975 View media item 22976
A sink will be fitted to the left of the pipe, toilet almost in front, bath and shower to the right. Im finding the rules about drains complicated (just about to re-read building regs) and am trying to minimise the amount of boxing in needed by using the fireplace space (which will be boarded up afterwards). So, Im keen to check my plan - as follows:

Bath and shower waste combined into 50mm pipe, then fitted via two angled bends (not sure what angles yet ;) ) to the side of the 110mm waste, within the fireplace.

Sink waste fitted to top of 110mm waste, via 3 angled bends, also within the fireplace.

Loo just joined on to the end of the 110mm waste using appropriate pan connector.

Is all that sensible/the most straightforward way? Anything Ive forgotten or got wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back