Bosch WFK 2401 Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch WFK2401 that will no longer agitate or spin. It fills with water empties etc as normal but no agitation or spin.

I have checked the pump, no blockadge etc. Also I removed the back and the belt is fine.

When I selected a spin cycle (9 on the dial), it said it had 6 minutes to go...after about a minute of running what sounded like the pump it changed to 1 minute remaining. At the end of this minute it gave the end of program signal and released the door.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Thanks,

I did some more testing and plugged the machine back in, set it to spin, gave the motor a couple of hits with a wrench and it worked!

I am now thinking that maybe it is the motor. When it is spinning at 1200RPM there is a sound like a playing card being stuck into the spokes of a spinning bicycle wheel. Also....I could see a blue glow...arcing...in the reflection from the bottom plate of the washer. I am thinking maybe the motor is shot or perhaps the brushes.

Thoughts?

Sorry...I should have pointed out that this washer is in Canada. Hopefully someone in the UK is familiar with this model or type and can help.

Thanks

Ken.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have a copper segment lifting on the motor commutator. If this is the case I think you will find the only answer is a new motor. I don't think Bosch sell the armature on its own.

Thanks for the advice....I am not sure how to tell if it is brushes or the armature (not real sure even what a comutator is) so I think the best thing is to replace the whole motor.

The commutator is a series of copper strips with small gaps between them, fixed to the outside of cylindrical insulating former. If you remove the motor from the machine and turn the spindle by hand you may see the ends of the carbon brushes jump when a particular copper segment sweeps past them. If this is the case you know there is a loose segment. On some Bosch motors the brushes are easy to remove for inspection, on others you have to remove the complete end of the motor to get at them.

Sponsored Links
kenchar: did you resolve your problem? I'm having exactly the same problem with the same make/model and I was wondering what you discovered...

- Andy

andyferg said:
I was wondering what you discovered...

- Andy

he probably changed the whole motor, (as he said he would) since he doesn't know what a comuatator is.

also i doubt if you will get a reply, since he last posted in February and he never said anything / thanks to the reply fido gave.

may i suggest you read 17 and this

i suggest you try another search for an American appliance forum, there is at least one, but sorry i can not recall it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back