Any Saunier Duval Experts around??

Sugar n spice is near a pub/social club, just over the little hill near, opposite to where the buses go into the Ricoh Arena park. You have to try their food, its excellent!

regards

Naz

Dont you mean where they go into the Supermarket, just before the bridge over the canal?

The Sugar & Spice is only a takeaway. I like to eat in and have a bottle of wine with my meal.

It does sound as if the diverter valve or the actuator is the likely cause. But its difficult for me to come to any conclusion as to which as I have not felt the "tightness" myself.

There is a Parts Centre in Cov but an on line supplier would be cheaper. It can be expensive changing parts if you dont know for sure which is at fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile

Thats the one. Its a takeaway, not really a restuarantr but their food is authentic proper indian food.

Although if you really want quality food, you have to try the "balti" triangle in birmingham, Ladypool Road is full of quality indian resturants. Its not too far from cov, 20 min drive, but well worth it. I'd highly recommend it.

The actuator does feel pretty tight, if i try and push the pin in with my finger it will leave a deep dent (and be a bit painful). I have dismantled it, greased it and put it back together but same issue (although it did feel a bit lighter to the touch).

What online sites sell these? And what shop in coventry has them?

Only Parts Centre that I know in Cov. Search for "boiler spares" online. Some need the makers part number.

With the Bengal Delight in Holbrooks there is no need to leave Cov for a good Indian. The Millenium in Nuneaton is also close by and very good. I once suggested a boiler engineer's meet and eat there.

I have been to all the Baltis in Sparkbrook which were there there until 10 years ago. My favourite was run by a Mr Butt but I dont remember the name.

Tony

have you checked the plate heat exchanger for blockages? Its normal for the DV pin to feel as stiff as you have said. I don't even use my finger cos it hurts and im a wuss. :D
You said the motor is coming in and out so that kinda indicates thats ok. Definately would be checking the plate.

Sponsored Links
have you checked the plate heat exchanger for blockages? Its normal for the DV pin to feel as stiff as you have said. I don't even use my finger cos it hurts and im a wuss. :D
You said the motor is coming in and out so that kinda indicates thats ok. Definately would be checking the plate.

I did check the plate and that seems ok as i am getting hot water but only if i keep the motor head off. (which means no heating for now) However as a precaution i did descale the plate heat exchanger using a desclaing solution from BNQ.

The fault is somewhere with something thats diverting the water. The heating works fine (if i have the motor head attached.) The hot water works fine (if i take the motorhead off).

However when i put the motorhead back on, i only get the CH working.

Aside from the Actuator, what else could be the cause?

I might try the heating again, and this time push the pin in, and hold it in somehow and see if the rads heat up.

i suugerst you pay some one to have a look but parts are expensive for these boilers as gas vavle can cost as much cheep boiler on some models

Just done my little test. Turned the heating on, pushed the pin in on the actuator valve, held it in for a couple of mins, boiler fired up, and the central heating pipes did get hot. I then let go of the pin, and within a few seconds the boiler flames went out, and central heatiung pipes cooled down.

Based on that, would you guys say its a safe bet its the 3 way valve that needs replacing?

Its part Saunier Duval S10064 3-Way Valve Cartridge that i'm guessing is the problem. its about £16 online.

many thanks

Naz

Based on what you say the diverter valve is fine.

You also say the motor moves as well.

But does the motor move to the correct position for the required operation?

You can test that but refitting the motor and running the DHW for five minutes and see if water is cold but rads hot!

Tony

Just gave that a try. The rads do heat up fine, but no hot water.

How far (in mm) should the pin on the motor head "come out"? From what i could see, it was probably moving 3 or 4 mm.

In that case the motor is going to the wrong positions!

Reverse the outer two connections!

But I thought on the S-D the plus was a single plug with keys to prevent wrong insertion?

Tony

Which connection am i looking at? The black connection which goes into the motor head?

In that case the motor is going to the wrong positions!

Reverse the outer two connections!

But I thought on the S-D the plus was a single plug with keys to prevent wrong insertion?

Tony

Hi Tony/Agile

I've had a look at the plug connection and your right it does only connect in one way. So i'm out of ideas!

Where abouts are you based? And how much would you charge to come out and diagnose a fault? i'd be able to repair the issue if i knew which part needed replacing.

daft question have you pressed in the flow switch and see if fires up
if it does not fire up maunally with flowstich pressed then check it with mulitmeter and see if you get contuarty if you do thenit could be a pcb
oh and check diaverta valve by putting a thin flat screw diver between the flow swtich and the pin to see if theiors any tension
and this talk about curry making me hungry

I had a similar fault on a Saunier Duval. One of the microswitches was duff - it clicked OK but did not make contact, so I replaced it, everything then worked. Can't remember what model, it was about ten years ago.

Would you like to explain what you mean please?

I dont understand what you are attempting to say or what relevance it might have to Naz's fault.

Or are you just posting rubbish to give you the opportunity to quote your web site address?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back