INDESIT WG924 -Bearings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! I have an INDESIT WG924 Washer - was starting program but no spin. Turns out belt had come off so re-attached belt. Now spin cycle works ok but washer will not start on wash program, only spin cycle works!!! HELP!!

1/2 hour later -- Hmm seems to be working now...

Later that day... ah, now when the machine spins up at high speed there is a tremendous clonking and squealing -- could this be that the bearings are shot in the drum?

If so, is this a major job? Could i do it myself? Can't really afford repairman as we are students in my house! ;)

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the bearing hub has rotted through. This is an alloy bearing housing that bolts onto the drum backplate and has part No. 046971. To change it you have to remove the drum pulley, unscrew the clamp band holding the drum backplate, remove the backplate + inner drum, drift the drum spindle out of the bearing housing to remove the inner drum, unbolt old housing and bolt in new one.
There is also a gasket for the bearing housing flange but this is easy enough to make from a cereal packet. When refitting the inner drum + backplate you will find it easier if the machine is lying on its front. I always put silicone sealer round the rubber seal of the backplate as they are prone to leaking once disturbed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back