Power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a Mira mixer shower with an Aqualisa pump om gravity fed hot/cold supply.
I have put 15mm copper piping in place between the shower and the pump. I just found that ideally it should be 22mm. Can I get away with 15mm? :(

Sponsored Links
You also need to tell water authourity you are fitting the pump, its a legal requirement due to the volume of water the pump draws. You would be better using 22mm, might be a bit time consuming now but you will sorry later if you don't.......
:p

Sponsored Links
DOnt bother going bigger than 15m unless the pipes are many meters long. Look at the shower hose which take H + C.
My old Aquastream had no trouble providing the full spec 18l/m on Kitek pipes with 12mm bore about 7m long.

I've never heard of anyone informing BC about these showers!

Yes, sorry did actually mean your water supplier company and you do have to inform them, even on a meter. Boy will they like you!!! lots of money!!

15mm might well be alright, if the specs say it will cope......

Good luck with it.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back