Bleed Valves - Is the guy trying to con me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just come off a phone call with a plumber from a management company I maybe letting my house out with. The bleed valves on a few of my radiators have snapped of due to age, they came of in the key when I tried to turn it. So i asked about replacing the valves but the plumber told me that its not possible and the whole radiator had to be replaced, I would also add he said this without seeing the radiators just from the information i've given you. It sounds wrong to me. Should a plumber just be able to replace the bleed valve and keep the same radiators?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you mention that you`re a landlord :LOL: . Us plumbers love em ;)

Landlords can be very mean ! We often have a problem getting paid by them. They sometimes give us false names and addresses.

They CAN be replaced when they are incorporated on a 1/2" plug but not if in the rad itself.

If your rads are so old then why dont you want to replace any?

Tony

A management company is in business to make money. Obviously they will charge you an amount that enables them to do that, with a bit left over to pay the plumber.

What you are getting for your money is avoiding the inconvenience of having to find a plumber yourself, or (this is a DIY site) of getting your spanners out and doing the job yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Sponsored Links
Landlords can be very mean ! We often have a problem getting paid by them. They sometimes give us false names and addresses.

They CAN be replaced when they are incorporated on a 1/2" plug but not if in the rad itself.

If your rads are so old then why dont you want to replace any?

Tony

They are fairly old so they will probally have to be replaced then. The reason I dont want them replaced is I dont have that much spare cash at the minute. I am only a landlord be accident, ive had to move for work purposes (hence why i cant or at least try to do it myself) and cant afford to sell the house as ill be making a loss on it. Its only the hall way and kitchen so I think it can wait till autumn. Summers coming and the house wont be available for a tenant till May.

Thanks to all.

Then you have my sympathy...and if you can post a picture we`ll be able to identify the air bleed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back