Zanussi FJS1225W spins but cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi FJS1225 W which is 7-10 years old. Never had any problems with it but last night I started getting a problem where the drum starts to spin (during the spin phase of the cycle) but only seems to work for a couple of seconds before it sounds like it cuts out and the drum spins for a bit longer and comes to a stop. Then after a minute or two it will try to spin again for a second or two but then stop. This repeats but it cannot spin properly. Just in case it was cutting out from weight imbalance I tried it again empty but the same thing happened.

I have searched on the web and seen some advice around changing the brushes on the motor (it is the original motor and has never been serviced) but I wondered if any one has some advice and options. I am going to pull it out and look it over tonight after work so tips would be good.

Thanks!

F

Sponsored Links
Go on YouTube and type in washing mc brushes .also check the taco wires on the back of the motor.

Changing the brushes on mine fixed a similar problem (mine's a Hotpoint and is now 21 years old and still going strong! - brushes changed about 10 years ago)

Thanks for the advice. I'll inspect the taco and brushes

If it is the brushes can you recommend where I can buy them from? I can google it but if someone recommends a company its always better :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back