Baxi 100e Dry fire alert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been away for three days, came home, fired the heating on without any problems. Heating ran fine for about 40 minutes and then started flashing. According to the indicator stickers the combination of lights and flashes it's something to do with 'dry-fire' It doesn't say anything else, no explanation, just 'dry fire'.

Thankfully we signed up with British Gas callout scheme thing and they're coming in the morning but before I have to endure some random bloke telling me all sorts of technical guffery I normally like to ask you guys to explain the liklihood and possibilities so I'm at least slightly equipped and prepped. So what is a dry fire and is it possible the system being unused for three days could have caused it?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
What about topping up the pressure first and then cancelling the BG visit?

Tony

The pressure seems fine though. It hasn't dropped, it's right bang in the middle. I'll still try it though.

Sponsored Links
Ok, its probably an actual fault within the boiler then.

Let us know what BG have to say it was.

Tony

Apparently my wife put the washing machine on an pretty much the same time the alert came up. Could there be a connection between the two (although it's never happened before but then we don't normally keep the heating off for three days)?

My first port of call would be the flow switch. You could test this by linking it out. Possibly pump gone or flow switch gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back