Spur and socket in on double box??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a strange one here... for me anyway...!

Can you get a switched spur and a socket point next to it, in one double switch socket sized fitting, I hope I've explained it properly.

Basically I want one for a socket outlet and the other as a switched spur point for a heater. Do MK do one??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
AP636.JPG

A dual accessory box then add in single f/ spur with flex outlet and a stardard single socket.

Thanks, just the job.

One other thing, would the electrician be able to run a flex from the f/spur to connect to a future heater and connect that flex to the heater's flex.... I asked the manufacturer if the sparky could hard wire his flex from the spur into their heater, but they said it would invalidate the guarantee.

The heater would be about 2 metres from the spur so I would like the sparky to run the flex under the wooden floor and come up through the floor for future connection to the heater flex. Is there a connector available which would allow the 2 cables to connect together?

Sponsored Links
Its a bodge, why not run a TE cable under the floor and provide the f/spur adjacent to the heater position.

If the heater is on a plug, then why bother with a cable / f-spur when a socket would match the manufactures requirements ?

If you really must, then you could use one of these:-

BG452.JPG

It's rated at 10 amp / 2300w hopefully your heater is a lower load than that

ah yes.. the old lawnmower connection...

why will the FCU be 2M away from the heater?..
put it next to the heater...
or a "flex outlet" plate next to the heater if for some reason the switch position will not be accessible next to the heater ( in which case you should re-think it's location as you will impare access and free space round the heater too.. )

The heater is around 2 metres from the spur. The spur could go adjacent the heater but there is full height glazing behind the heater so no wall is available.

I thought the sparky could run the flex from the spur under the floor to the heater and put an adaptor to connect the heater flex at a later date?

that's a weird setup you have there..
why have the heater in front of a full height window..
the backs of these things tend to be ugly as hell..

if it's permanent then there's the problem of fixing it.. what do you intend to fix it to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back