Plumbing basins and shower/bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soon to start bathroom refit. Running 22mm Hot and Cold feeds to bathroom, firstly feeding shower and bath taps and then across to two basins. Basin taps are mixers hence 10mm fittings.

Question is where is the best point to begin to change from 22mm to 15mm and then 10mm required for taps?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
What system have you got currently? Try run the 22mm under the floor then Tee into it with 15mm for the basin hot and cold.

Hi Neds

Currently 22mm running under the floor to the bathroom. I was going to continue the 22mm up and into a stud wall where the basins will be and then split into 15mm to feed both sinks?

The obviously down to 10mm near the taps.

Would this be OK?

I wouldn't bother extending the 22mm for the basins, will be fine with a 15mm run. 22mm is a requirement for the bath the rest can be 15mm. However If it is a open vented system you may need to reconsider this set up...

Sponsored Links
it's a new sealed system being installed so pressure shouldn't be an issue.

If 15mm will suffice I shall use this sooner in the process then.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back