Biasi boiler circuit board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,my first post on this forum.My Biasi boiler stopped working last night,looked at it this morning and the 1.6A fuse on the left hand circuit board had blown.I replaced this and it blew again straight away.After looking at the boards carefully,I noticed a bit of scorching around one of the resistors on the right hand board so I removed it.When looking at the underside,it is badly burnt(a big hole in the board) so is well and truely knackered.Any idea what would cause this and how do I find the part number so I can order a new one.The boiler was fitted about 7 years ago and has been ok up to now (Biasi Riva Plus-M90D so I beleive)Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
This board has adjustments , that will / can effect gas pressures on the boiler , these would need to be checked ??? u are there fore advised to employ an r.g.i !!!!!

Actually the PCB has no adjustments and is part number BI 1305101.

However, it may well have failed as a result of a problem with an external component so an RGI is still recommended. Just replacing it may result in the new one failing immediately as well if something else is wrong.

Those resistors do get a little warm and discolour the varnish but that is NORMAL !

Tony

After looking at the boards carefully,I noticed a bit of scorching around one of the resistors on the right hand board so I removed it.When looking at the underside,it is badly burnt(a big hole in the board) so is well and truely knackered

How big is the hole? if it's where the leg of the resistor comes through the board it could have started as a dry solder joint.

Can you post a decent close up picture of the damaged area.

You can get a reconditioned board from below....

http://www.adlinkuk.co.uk/products/...on/BIASI+PARVA+FULL+SEQ.+BI1305101/1102896676

Sponsored Links
Whilst DIYers can take a chance using repaired parts a registered gas engineer cannot because he is only permitted to use manufacturer's approved parts.

Furthermore, the repairers like Adlink ( actually if you must use repaired ones then CET is better! ) always say something like "Do your bit for the environment and recycle your old Printed circuit boards (PCB's)! As long as it is in good condition and not badly damaged, cracked, burnt or subject to DIY random soldering/incomplete, send it to us and we will do the rest."

If you cannot return a part looking to be in good condition then they charge about £30 extra.

Tony

Well there you go , did'nt read post correctly , mis read left hand board e.c.t.
which would have gas adj'' , sorry !!!

Thanks for the heads up chaps.Ordered a new one from 'Keep The Heat On'.£113 including delivery.By the way,found a dry joint which probably caused the problem,though strangely in a different area of the board from the 'blow hole'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back