Radiator Bleed Valve - Same Old Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I know this is an age old question but here goes.

Took my bathroom rad off to decorate & when I put it back on one of the bleed values on one side of the double snapped off. It is holding & not leaking but obviously only one side is heating right up. Any suggestions?

Please see my picture for the type of value it is.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately that`s the worst type- and it`s sheared right off :cry: I honestly don`t think you can do anything- maybe you`ll still get enough heat in the room for comfort. Often rads can be oversized as a house gets extra insulation / Double glazing etc.

Yeah I thought they were the worse kind due to the value not being on the end & also because it is recessed. The only thing I could think of was to remove the rad, turn upside down & the fill with a hose. Then with the TRV & lockshield in place, seal the water in & replace on the pipe stalks. The fill the system befored the opening the valves & bleed from the lockshield, but then would all the water pour out. Maybe this is a crazy idea haha.

The only thing I could think of was to remove the rad, turn upside down & the fill with a hose. Then with the TRV & lockshield in place, seal the water in & replace on the pipe stalks. The fill the system befored the opening the valves & bleed from the lockshield, but then would all the water pour out. Maybe this is a crazy idea haha.

That would work. Bleed through the pipes by slackening the nuts before you open the rad valves. Also let the system circulate for a bit first until it settles down.

Sponsored Links
why not drill out and extract the snapped off bit? i think Aldi are currently selling engineering taps if it needs re-tapping, at a lot less cost than a new rad.

Bodge-it & Scarper Inc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back