Patio picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've got a bit of a challenge on and need some help please.

I'm planning on laying some new slabs in my garden and want a uniform size so will probably go for 450x450 size. I'm thinking about buying a shape for the garden in slabs thats 3m square and consists of 36 slabs, so each slab is about 500x500. I would start by laying the shape in the middle of the garden but wherever I go next with 450x450 slabs I'm going to have a gap or a small slab around the shape which I dont think would look right.

Faced with the same problem what would you experts do ?

Thanks

Stu :D

Sponsored Links
I wish I could help, but maybe its the wine with dinner, but I don't understand what you mean! Can you do a sketch?

i think i know what you mean as im a builder how about putting a small narrow gravel pit around the perimeter first then start laying your 450s or try a block set instead of gravel that way you can start you new layout where ever you like without looking out of place [/b][/quote]

can you clarify, youre talking about 450 slabs and 500 x 500 slabs (which they dont make!) Whatare you trying to achieve. Im a landscaper and paver and i havent had any wine and i still dont see what youre getting at!

Sponsored Links
As jpb says use an edge to break up the two. Working on the measurements you have given there would be something like 6" discrepancy which would equate to 3" all round which seems to be about right for a brick on edge.
Is the shape going to be at the same level as the rest of the paving?
How about asking the shape suppliers for a catalogue which would (hopefully) contain pictures that may give you an idea. Alternativly get some card and cut to scale size and just play around on the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back