Baxi Combi 105e no central heating ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , am newbie and wondered if anyone knows the answer as to why the C/H on my Baxi combi 105e boiler has decided to not come on ?

The Hot water selection works fine and the boiler fires up when the tap is turned on , the little green light and the red temp led's and amber flame led all come on . But ..........when switched to Central heating/Hot Water mode no C/H green light or amber flame LED !!???

Was working fine one day then the next day it did'nt .

I have bled the rads to bring the bar pressure down and is at 1 bar , but still central heating don't fire up :confused:

any advise or help here would be priceless !

thanks
Kurt ;)

Sponsored Links
Do you have a thermostat on wall and / or timer?
If green CH light isnt coming on boiler doesnt know its suposed to be on

thanks petit_pablo, ....No thermostat on wall , the only timer is the one on the boiler itself and has and is always in the "I" position .

Am at a loss here , just want to know if it's the pcb board or something else that I could competently replace the " faulty " part myself ...and there's 2 inches of snow outside and very cold !.. (as I shiver as I type this in desperation :LOL: )

:(

The first thing to do is make sure its not the clock at fault.
So turn boiler power off.
drop front panel and remove cover on back of clock.
bridge out the 2 black wires on it

turn power back on and see if it fires up
if it doesnt it could either be the actual selector switch on left hand side or the board.
if it fires up you know its the clock

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion Namsag, ...however I did that and still it did not fire up .

So it seems as though it's either the board or the dial .

Do you know the best place to get a replacement selector dial switch , as I would prefer to eliminate the cheapest option first ...

ok i've tested some of the wires for voltage from the selector switch to the pcb and the red wire does'nt light up ?...does this mean the switch is faulty or the pcb circuit ?

I have described the symptons to a plumber / heating engineer and he reckons that it's the Diverter valve not the circuit board . cost £170

Does this sound about right to you guys ?

If so does anyone know where i can find a replacement Diverter valve ?

Thanks

Its not the divertor valve.
And divertor is not £170 to buy

www.gas-spares.co.uk should have switch and board or try a local PTS branch

switch is part number e66458

board is e66459

Thanks Namsag ,

The guy said that the £170 would include fitting though , but I have just ordered the switch first from http://www.keeptheheaton.com cost £20 including next day del and VAT .

should arrive tmrw so once I install the new switch I'll let you know if that fixed the problem , if not then I'll order the PCB board next .

Thanks

Well the new switch was installed and no difference , back to square one !

Could the solution be anything else before I go ahead and order a new board ? As they are not cheap at better part of £100

Many Thanks

two independant plumbers have told me over the phone it's the diverter valve !...

So that's 2 in favour of the diverter and one in favour of the PCB .....

Think I'm going with the majority on this seeing as not much feedback on here and it's getting colder and I need to make a decision today , been without heating for a week now ..will let you know how the Diverter valve goes ..

:cry:

namsag , thanks for your very helpful input :)

well the engineer came out and says it IS the PCB after all !.... :rolleyes:

gonna order the PCB and install it ...will let you guys know how I get on so that it helps others in there diagnosis of the same problem ..

;)

Well folks looks like it WAS the PCB board after all , just installed the new one and C/H fired up no problem
Thanks Namsag for all your help

well the engineer came out and says it IS the PCB after all !.... :rolleyes:

gonna order the PCB and install it ...will let you guys know how I get on so that it helps others in there diagnosis of the same problem ..

;)

Did he get paid for attending and diagnosing the fault?

Or did he come free and tell you what he wopuld charge to fix it and then you just went away to fix it yourself based on his advice.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back