Vokera Linea 28 Boiler cutting out when heating (not water)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help with my Vokera Linea 28 boiler.

I moved into a house about 18 months ago, when Winter came I configured the boiler for the heating to come on twice a day. Every now and again the boiler cuts out and I have to reset it for the heating and hot water to work again. I arranged for a British Gas engineer to look at the boiler to see if I could go on their care plan but without telling him of the fault but he refused saying it's not at a suitable standard. He said the whole boiler ideally needs replacing and his "mate" could do it for around £2000 including bleeding all the radiators. I ccould'ntafford this and wasn't 100% he was telling the truth so I put up with resetting it when required. I've tried to look for a pattern but I can't find one. Sometimes it cuts out hours after the heating kicks in, someting it can be fine all day but then it turns off 3/4 times an hour. One thing I do know is that in the summer when the heating was not required the boiler was fine and did not cut out for hot water. Sure enough as soon as the radiators were required again this winter the problem came back. Can anyone help/offer advise? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I arranged for a British Gas engineer to look at the boiler to see if I could go on their care plan but without telling him of the fault but he refused saying it's not at a suitable standard. He said the whole boiler ideally needs replacing and his "mate" could do it for around £2000 including bleeding all the radiators.

Thanks

Quite clearly he is "on the make" and you should have reported him to his employer !

These boiler are quite repairable and any competent independent should be able to diagnose the fault. It may be gas related in which case we cannot give you detailed advice on an open forum.

Tony

As Tony has said, it would be best to get a Gas Safe RGI in to have a look at it, could be a fairly easy, cheap fix.

Increasingly, the BG employees are being found out and the un-suspecting British public will vote with their feet. They are not the old trusted 'Gas Board'!!!

Sponsored Links
lol, so the bg lad was wrong not to take a boiler on contract which had a fault :confused:
why dont you pop round and repair it for free delta

The BG lad was totally correct not to take it on contract.

However, he should be advising the owner to have a free BG quotation for a new boiler.

Not to recommend his mate who would fit a new boiler and give him a backhander of perhaps £300-£400 as most independents would fit a replacement combi for about £1600 using a Worcester or Vaillant.

Tony

I can only agree with Telly Tony Gaz son and two wrongs don't make a right!!! The BG CPS was out of order and is showing little loyalty to his employer.

i agree, but then you would only moan how much bg quoted to replace it! :LOL:
some customers even insist on not having bg, thats without even giving um chance to quote as "they are to expensive".... and the goin rate is about £40 :LOL:

Perception is reality!

I gave a quote for a replacement boiler when I did a repair a couple of weeks ago.

The wife called me today to ask me about a minor detail following a BG quote visit.

Being curious I asked how much BG had quoted and was told "oh their price was stupid!".

Tony

watch this space, BG beancounters recently had a rude awakening when they finally realised they were pricing themselves out of the market. prices are going to drop significantly.

christ i might even put a few leads in myself. :LOL:

low burner pressure could be too low. always worth checking as it can drift on those SIT valves.

low burner pressure could be too low. always worth checking as it can drift on those SIT valves.

I don't know what that means, is there anything I can do or should I call somebody out? How much should I expect to pay for somebody to look and possibly fix?

Any help of how I should approach this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phone round some Gas Safe RGIs(registered gas installers). Ask if they are competent with your type of appliance & how much they charge, some will charge a call-out fee etc, so ensure you know before getting them to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back