Hood and Gas Oven (both with 3 pin plugs - into twin socket)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have now brought a new cooker hood from screwfix and our new gas cooker comes soon. The hood came with a 3 pin plug installed and the oven apparently does too. This is a completely gas cooker so its just ignition and lights required as far as I can believe.

The cupboard next to the current cooker has a twin socket installed at the back of it which is a spur from a twin socket above the unit.

Simple question - Can I just drill through this cupboard and plug the two leads into the regular twin socket.

thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Sounds like I'm sorted then. Is it safer to move this socket (block) onto the wall behind the cabinet and cut a hole in the back of the unit. Then its not mounted on wood. Or is it ok to be mounted inside the cupboard

thanks

Sponsored Links
It's best practise to install on the wall, but being as it's there you might as well leave it where it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back