potterton performa 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am I the only person in the world having nightmares with the performa 28i, first boiler after 18months had 3 major parts replaced heat exchanger, expansion vassel, hydraulic inlet assembly system result new boiler, second boiler within 1 year major part replacement expansion vassel, still presure dropping and needed filling with water within 24hours of vist, everything now working but definately having to fill with water far more often than should be, this also happened with first boiler, anyone else having problems with this particular model. help..........not a happy potterton customer. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Ive had profile 30 for 13 years no problems touch wood.

Sponsored Links
First Check pressure relief valve on perfoma
but it might not the boiler thats leaking, especially if last boiler lost pressure, Check all rads, valves pipework for leaks, also may be internal coil of hot water storage cylinder leaking internally to the water that comes out of your taps (assuming unvented storage cylinder not fitted).
This problem requires sorting otherwise black sludge will form in your rads in the long term.

chances are the engineer let the presure out of the presure relif valve when changing parts. check to see if any water is dripping out of you relief pipe (put a plastic bag loosly round it). if you get any water in the bag, u need the prv replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back