Nexus 8 Alarm Keypad Not Working After Moving It.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my very first post so go easy on me...

I have just moved the keypad panel that was connected to my working home alarm system. Basically the keypad was inside my porch, which was outside my main, secure front door.

Anyway

I took off the facia to the keypad and the tamper alarm rang. I entered my code and the alarm stopped.

Next I removed the 3 wires in the alarm cable and the screen went blank. I could then re-route the cable and move the panel. However, when I reconnected the wires there was not sign of life in the keypad. My first instinct was to open up the main alarm panel on my landing to see if I could do anything there but now I fear that if I do that the tamper alarm might go off and I wouldn't be able to stop the alarm without the keypad. I guess this might not happen though.

Does anyone have an idea on what I could try, I was thinking that maybe a fuse had gone since the wires might have touched each other.

I can't find much information about the alarm stuff online either and i guess i know this is so people can find all the solutions to stop alarms quickly.

Anyway, all help welcomed

Thanks
Matthew

Sponsored Links
As you say, you've likely blown a fuse in the panel. I'm not familiar with this model of control panel so I can't tell you exactly which one it will be. Are all your movement sensors still lighting up when you walk in front of them? If so, there is probably a seperate fuse for the keypad, labeled "RKP" or "Keypad".

If they are'nt, it will most likely be the fuse labeled "Aux" or "12v" that's gone.

You'll need a 20mm 1 amp Slow Blow glass fuse to replace it (i'd get a few just in case, or for future use)

It may sound internally when you remove the lid, there's not a lot you can do about that. You should isolate the mains supply to the panel before you go in there, as you could get a lethal shock if you're not careful!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The sensors aren't lighting when I move around. I will try to do the fuse in the morning and report back here how i get on.

Thanks

Right,

Its been a while since i post posted my message but I have finally got around to trying to fix my alarm. I have now got a set of quick blow fuses, which I have used to change the AUX fuse which had blown. But when I reconnected the power there is still not life in the Nexus 8 panel or the PIR sensors.

I am not really sure what to do now, I was kind of hoping the have this fixed today but having refitted the door sensor and changing the fuse, it still doesn't work.

I am not sure what I can try now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the fuse you have just fitted with a multimeter to see if it has blown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back