electric oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i'm currently installing a new kitchen and i'll soon be ready for the oven and hob. i originally had a stand alone type electric cooker with one wire coming out the back into a blank socket on the wall. the cooker could be turned off and on with a socket further up the wall with a big red switch. i think these are in most kitchens but not sure what they are called. when i install my new seperate oven and hob ( both electric) can i wire them both into the blank socket or do i have to join the wires together somehow and just have one wire running to the socket. confused.
thanks for any info.john.

Sponsored Links
hi. i'm currently installing a new kitchen and i'll soon be ready for the oven and hob.
Read this if you live in England or Wales.

confused.
Why did you not realise, before you embarked on this work, that you really didn't know enough to be tackling it, and put some effort into acquiring the necessary competence first?

I wonder what you've not thought to ask about because you have no idea it even exists and that you don't know it?

i originally had a stand alone type electric cooker with one wire coming out the back into a blank socket on the wall.
What size is the cable?

How long is it?

How is it installed? (e.g. clipped to the surface of the walls?)

What is the rating of the protective device?

What is the type of protective device?

Is the circuit RCD protected?

when i install my new seperate oven and hob ( both electric)
What are the ratings of each appliance?

Is there/will there be a socket on the cooker control unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back